noun: cast; plural noun: casts
- an object made by shaping molten metal or similar material in a mould."bronze casts of the sculpture"
- a mould used to make an object by casting.noun: plaster cast; plural noun: plaster casts"the artist's casts and moulds became the property of the museum"
- a bandage stiffened with plaster of Paris, moulded to the shape of a limb that is broken and used to support and protect it.
noun: plaster cast; plural noun: plaster casts"I had to spend a month in a cast"
- an act of throwing something forcefully."he grabbed a spear for a third cast"
- the form or appearance of something, especially someone's features or complexion.
"she had a somewhat masculine cast of countenance"
- the character of something."this question is for minds of a more philosophical cast than mine"
- a slight squint.
"he had a cast in one eye"